Concord (Morgan Territory Area) Household Hazardous Waste

Motor Oil, Filters, and Cooking Oil

Recycle oil filters and used motor oil curbside. Cooking oil in a container can go in the trash or recycle it at the Central Sanitary HHW Collection Facility.

Oil RecyclingOil Filters, Motor Oil

  • Pour motor oil into a clear plastic container like a milk jug.
  • Tape lid to close it securely.
  • Place beside your recycling cart.
  • Maximum 3 gallons of oil per pickup.
  • Place oil filters in a sealable plastic bag, i.e., Ziploc bag, seal.

Cooking Oil

  • Cooking oil can go in the trash or recycle it at the Central San HHW Collection Facility.

Household Hazardous Waste

It is illegal to throw hazardous waste in your garbage or recycling cart. Recycle your car and household batteries, latex paint, anti-freeze, motor oil, oil filters, fluorescent bulbs and mercury thermometers at no charge at:

Central San HHW Facility
4797 Imhoff Place
Martinez, CA 94553
Phone (800) 646-1431
Hours: Monday through Saturday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.


It is illegal to throw syringes, needles and lancets in your garbage or recycling cart. Sharps must be put in a sharps container and taken to an official drop-off site. Visit the sharps page for more information.


Televisions are e-wasteState law prohibits putting CRTs (televisions and computer monitors), computers, keyboards, printers, fax machines, cellular phones, DVD players, VCRs, radios and other electronics in the garbage.

Electronic waste must be taken to a licensed facility. Several local e-waste companies offer free curbside pickup of electronic waste. For a list of these and other ewaste facilities in your area, visit or call 1-800-750-4096.

Allied Waste also offers curbside pickup of electronics, for a fee. To schedule a pickup, call or email Customer Service at (925) 685-4711.