|Concord (Morgan Territory Area) Biweekly Yard Waste Service|
Yard Waste Recycling Guidelines
Residents can recycle lawn clippings and other yard waste with their 96-gallon yard waste cart. If you are a new resident and do not have a yard waste cart, please call a customer service representative at (925) 685-4711 or request one online.
What do Do:
- Place yard waste - grass clippings, brush, weeds, leaves, etc. - directly into the cart.
- Do not bag or place yard waste in any container before placing in cart.
- Place the cart on the street in front of the curb for streetside pickup.
- Face the cart's front out to the street.
- Place cart out by 5:00 a.m. Leave at least 4 feet between carts and any other object.
|Collection is BIWEEKLY on the same day as garbage service.|
|Place only plant debris in the green yard waste cart.|
|Be sure all materials fit inside the cart with lid closed.|
|For a missed pickup, please call within 24 hours to report which cart was not serviced.|
|Before discarding, consider composting. To find out about free home composting workshops in your area, call the County Recycling Hotline at 1-800-750-4096 or visit www.cccrecycle.org.|
OK for Recycling
|Garden trimmings||Grass||Hay||House Plants|
|Straw||Weeds||Wood Chips||Yard Waste|
|Tree twigs and branches 6 inches or less in diameter and 3 feet or less in length|
Not Acceptable for Yard Waste Recycling
|Rocks and concrete|
|Sod and dirt|
|Fruits and vegetables|
|Tree trunks and stumps greater than 6 inches in diameter|
|Tree trunks and stumps greater than 3 feet in length|
|Garbage and inorganic materials including recyclables like plastics, glass, metal and paper|